Thursday, July 29, 2010

God is good all the time....

we just notice it more at some times than at others. Life in the world of Oak Grove UMC has been great today. God has been at work through frustrations and through successes. Many folks are working to bring together our VBS which will be tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. (Friday, July 30) and Saturday morning 9 a.m. to noon. I promised to take a pie in the face if we have 25 kids. We have 19 registered and that doesn't count our youth volunteers. I'm seeing a pie in my future!

On days like this it is easy to say as one parishioner says, "I'm blessed beyond measure." Now the real trick will be remembering, "I'm blessed beyond measure," on a day when nothing goes "right." That is, the way I want it to go. I'd love to hear your stories about times when you've been blessed on a "good" day or a "not so good" day. Feel free to share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be monitored and approved by Blog owner. Please honor the value of each person's opinion whether you agree or not.